The MuseumsQuartier Wien are the former Imperial Stalls which were converted into a museum complex. It opened in 2001 and is one of the ten largest cultural complexes in the world (60.000 m2). The MuseumsQuartier is home to numerous cultural facilities and includes:
the 3 main museums in the MuseumsQuartier
These are situated in the inneryard of the museum complex.
other museums/facilities in the MuseumsQuartier
These are situated in smaller buildings around the inneryard
The MuseumsQuartier is located in downtown Vienna opposite Maria Theresienplatz and two large museums: the Kunsthistorisches Museum (Museum of Fine Arts) and the Naturhistorisches Museum Wien (Museum of Natural History). The museum square has it's own metro station (U2/U3). To the Imperial Hofburg Palace is a 5 minutes walk.
- Admission to the Quartier21 and inneryard is free.
- Leopold Museum: adult €11, child up to 7 years is free, family card €23
- Mumok: adult €9, children and students are free
- Kunsthalle Wien: adult €7/8.50, child up to 10 years is free
- MuseumsQuartier Duo Ticket Flexible: (choose 2 museums you like) € 17
- MuseumsQuartier Family ticket (Leopold + Mumok) € 29
MuseumsQuartier Wien entrance
Museum moderner Kunst Stiftung Ludwig Wien (MUMOK)
Vienna attractions - Vienna shopping - Schonbrunn Palace - Belvedere Palace - St. Stephens Cathedral